Follow these steps:
1. Download MySQL Setup : mysql-5.0.67-win32.zip
2. Double click to start installation
3. After installation is complete start “MySQL Server Instance Configuration”
4. Select all default option except Charset to “Best Support Multilingualism” (for utf 8 support)
5. Once instance is created, start MYSQL Commandline Client Console using “Start > MySQL > MySQL Server 5.0 > Command Line”
6. Enter root password to continue. You will get MySQL> prompt
7. You will need to create Database first in order to start using MySQL.
8. Enxecute command “create database opencms” (note “opencms” is the name of database i have choosen)
9. I have selected other clients to continue further usage.
10. Connect to MySQL using following parameter
Database Name: opencms
JDBC Driver Class: com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
Class Location: mysql-connector-java-3.1.14-bin.jar (Note you can find this under MySQL Installation folder)
Connection URL: jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/opencms
user ID: root
Password: ***** (this should match with the password you entered while server installation)
11. You should able to create tables and use it.
12. Create user using following command line command
create user ‘testcms’@'localhost’ IDENTIFIED BY ‘password’;
13. Grant nse user access to database using following command
GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON ‘opencms\_%’ . * TO ‘testcms’@'localhost’;
14. View all available grants using following command
SHOW GRANTS FOR ‘testcms’@'localhost’;